Happy New Year Everyone!
2017 Resolutions Results
- Able to bench press – SUCCESS!
- Final result: 2 rep max on the 31/12/2017 @ 100kg on the bench (with a spotter)
- Taking protein definitely – past attempts in getting to 100kg, I plateaued at around 90kg
- Final 2 months included 2 international trips which I thought would put my goal at risk, but I did enough hotel gym workouts that I didn’t lose any gains
- Definitely see an improvement in my physique – yay!
- Read 26 books – SUCCESS!
- Final result: 26 books read which included 3 manga volumes (my only fiction)
- Final push in December put my over the line with 8 books read
- This goal made me really into reading and will continue to find new books to read.
- Enjoyed reading physical books over E-Books or Audiobooks
- Improved reading speeding
- No fast food – FAIL 🙁
- Final result: Successful for the first 6 months, but had Hungry Jack’s and Oporto’s a couple of times in the second half of the year
- Availability of food at home really helps
- Eating due to stress or laziness the most salient temptation
- Still avoided the “Sinful 3” i.e. Maccas, KFC and Dominoes
- Post 52 blog posts – FAIL 🙁
- Final results: 12 posts out of 52
- Pretty big fail in my opinion
- This was very difficult, mainly because of 2 issues
- The first being “writers block”
- The second being fearful of writing “useless” content
So I’m going to double or nothing with my failed posts with a minor increase in difficulty plus 2 different goals.
- No fast food + soft drink – except what is left in the fridge (because I hate waste)
- Post 52 blog posts
- Catch up with 18 people who I haven’t seen in over 6 months
- 100 consecutive medium grip pull ups