Year in Review and New Year Resolutions 2018
Happy New Year Everyone!
2017 Resolutions Results
- Able to bench press – SUCCESS!
- Final result: 2 rep max on the 31/12/2017 @ 100kg on the bench (with a spotter)
- Taking protein definitely – past attempts in getting to 100kg, I plateaued at around 90kg
- Final 2 months included 2 international trips which I thought would put my goal at risk, but I did enough hotel gym workouts that I didn’t lose any gains
- Definitely see an improvement in my physique – yay!
- Read 26 books – SUCCESS!
- Final result: 26 books read which included 3 manga volumes (my only fiction)
- Final push in December put my over the line with 8 books read
- This goal made me really into reading and will continue to find new books to read.
- Enjoyed reading physical books over E-Books or Audiobooks
- Improved reading speeding
- No fast food – FAIL 🙁
- Final result: Successful for the first 6 months, but had Hungry Jack’s and Oporto’s a couple of times in the second half of the year
- Availability of food at home really helps
- Eating due to stress or laziness the most salient temptation
- Still avoided the “Sinful 3” i.e. Maccas, KFC and Dominoes
- Post 52 blog posts – FAIL 🙁
- Final results: 12 posts out of 52
- Pretty big fail in my opinion
- This was very difficult, mainly because of 2 issues
- The first being “writers block”
- The second being fearful of writing “useless” content
So I’m going to double or nothing with my failed posts with a minor increase in difficulty plus 2 different goals.
- No fast food + soft drink – except what is left in the fridge (because I hate waste)
- Post 52 blog posts
- Catch up with 18 people who I haven’t seen in over 6 months
- 100 consecutive medium grip pull ups
One Reply to “Year in Review and New Year Resolutions 2018”
Bahah, Domino’s is definitely the most sinful (my huge weakness).
You did pretty well here man!
Comments are closed.