Worth a Read 13/01/2020: Burger King the new Apple, The Gaming Black Market, Rising Chocolate Prices and More!
How to Become a Successful Founder in 2020
- An investment fund did research into the question of what traits do you need to succeed as a founder?
- The Answer? Being a great story teller, but being too good may become a detriment
Predator Marketing: Burger King
- A great example of predatory marketing, where the challenger brand pokes fun of the market leader. The Mac vs PC ads were a masterpiece in this:
Money Launderers using Fortnight
- It’s fascinating how quickly a black market can form through the identification of assets that have liquidity i.e. easy to buy into and sell out of
- This article was written at the start of 2019, but Fortnight has yet to address this publicly
- This was discovered during my reading of A Model Thinker: What You Need to Know to Make Data Work for You with the section that discusses the Power Law and Long Tail Distributions
- Chocolate lovers beware, your favourite consumable might become a little more expensive
- The two nations that produce more than 60% of the world’s cocoa has formed an alliance